Come Experience Something New and Work With Us At Canyon Ventures.
Top Talent Works Here
Join over 70 students employed within Canyon Ventures and apply today
Part-time Backend Developer
We're a fast growing, well capitalized startup based in Tempe, AZ. We are inventing the future of a mobile-first economy. Think about surfing the front edge of a wave. It’s really exhilarating. Now think about dog-paddling at the tail end of that wave. It wouldn’t be anywhere near as much fun. Come down here with us and let's change the world.
What You'll Do
• Be a valued member of an agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
• Be a builder and pioneer on the Poppins backend team affecting and driving backend engineering across the company.
• Facilitate collaboration with your peers, product managers, and designers to seek exciting and complicated problems for delivering quality code.
• Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code and take operational responsibility for the components that you develop
Who You Are
• You are passionate about delivering end-to-end experiences and software architecture across the front-end, back-end, and the APIs that glue them together.
• You are experienced with modern backend languages, technologies, coding, testing, debugging, and automation techniques
• You care about backend technologies as well as exploring data through pipelines and charts
• You have experience in backend development and data engineering
• You have relentlessly high standards for you and your peers. You can stand incredibly fast-paced environments
• You like to build and pioneer new products using the newest technology.
- Experience in python3, flask, postgres
- Experience with github
Sales Development Representative
First, who are we?
ZorroSign is modernizing the way the world views document security. We’re made up of a team from all over the world committed to the same idea: nobody should be using 20-year-old technology to sign and send mission critical documents. We deliver our brand promise by fostering a culture of individuals who are not afraid to push against the status quo.
Here is why working with ZorroSign is rewarding.
We are the new kids on the block – and it’s a pretty cool perspective. ZorroSign is continuously looking for exceptional new talent to work with us as we trailblaze blockchain-based document security. However, our mission does not stop there. Working with ZorroSign, you will have the opportunity to innovate and grow; all with a greater purpose in mind. As we help companies go paperless, we give back to the Earth by planting trees along the way.
Get leads by shaking the trees.
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for driving our growth and revenue by generating qualified leads. We are looking for an SDR that is prepared to dive head-first into an accelerating sales operation – gaining valuable experience for a future career in sales. Our ideal candidate has energetic persistence and a no-quit mentality, using an aptitude for communication to build rapport with people. Simply put, we need a go-getter to assist our sales team in taking our company to new heights.
What we need you to do:
• Utilize sales outreach methods to generate qualified sales opportunities, leveraging tools like Phone Burner, Zoho, and LinkedIn to conduct cold calls and emails on a daily basis
• Assist sales team in demonstrating the product and its impact through use cases and fit
• Accompany sales team in discovery and demo calls
• Work collaboratively with sales team to conduct industry research and test sales scripts
What we prefer you have:
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Schedule flexibility
• A team player mentality
• Openness towards learning new methods and tools for success
• Growth-related goals in a sales career
• Ability to work in-person in Phoenix, Arizona
If interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technician for system installation, support and user demos
SignAll is a deep tech startup with a social mission to enable more communication between the Deaf and hearing via technology. We are working together with prestigious Deaf organizations and tech companies, our products are used in the US, and there is even more in our product pipeline.
We are looking for a student with minimum basic IT skills who is not afraid of using a screwdriver to help us install our new equipment used for translation of American Sign Language to English leveraging on the latest AI tech. We need help with the installation of a system on the GCU campus, and then organizing user tests with Deaf individuals and supporting users during testing.
One installation takes a total of 20-24 hours including the initial online training. The installation is supported remotely by our engineers.
The job requires only basic IT skills and some handyman work during the assembly of the camera scaffold. However, if you are a computer science student this can give you some insight into an AI-based deep tech technology and we are open to extending our cooperation beyond installation later.
Any connection to the Deaf community or ASL knowledge is a plus, but not essential.
User tests and additional support expected ~8 hours a week with a flexible schedule.
Please send your application here: email@example.com
Internet Marketing - Landing Page & Funnel Designer
Silent Sector utilizes the HubSpot Marketing Suite and is looking to add some industry specific, niche service offerings.
Our objective is to drive qualified leads to landing pages designed to appeal specific audiences needing cybersecurity services. We'll be running new promotions on various platforms such as LinkedIn to drive leads to these landing pages. Each landing page should have an opt-in, video content, an email follow up sequence, and some will have meeting scheduling capabilities.
This role requires creativity, strong writing abilities, and experience with internet marketing platforms like HubSpot or similar.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Building landing pages from scratch or templates
- Embedding video and creating text based on guidance from the Silent Sector team
- Writing follow up email sequences
- Monitoring results
- A/B testing pages
Please send your resume, cover letter, and any sample work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Podcast & Book Promoter
In 2020, the partners of Silent Sector launched "Cyber Rants" on Amazon. It became an international bestselling book in its niche categories and has received incredible feedback from everyone who has read it. Some organizations have even purchased copies for all of their IT staff and executive leadership. The Cyber Rants Podcast was also recently release on all the major podcast platforms.
We are looking for a motivated and sales/marketing oriented person to run all the promotion and coordinations specifically for the book and podcast with the objective of boosting brand visibility and connections to potential clients, ultimately to generate leads and increase sales.
The right candidate will has a "get it done" mentality and is able to operate with autonomy and self-accountability. This is a part time role. Hours and time commitment are flexible. Simply take the initiative to do what's needed in order to meet the objectives.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Outreach to other podcast hosts to get Silent Sector partners as guests on their shows
- Post podcasts and promote the book on social media (primarily LinkedIn)
- Invite other industry experts to be guests on the Cyber Rants Podcast, schedule recordings, and collect interview questions or topics for discussion
- Identify and suggest ways to improve promotion and visibility of the book and podcast
Find the book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Rants-Embellished-Cybersecurity-Frameworks/dp/173333856X/
Look for the Cyber Rants Podcast on your favorite podcast platform (Apple, Spotify, etc.)
Learn more about Silent Sector: www.SilentSector.com
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Let us know about your experience with podcasts and marketing promotions, why you'll be a great fit, and what you hope to achieve from this position.