Come Experience Something New and Work With Us At Canyon Ventures.
Top Talent Works Here
Join over 70 students employed within Canyon Ventures and apply today
Do you have a knack for videography and want an exciting opportunity to show what you can do? If so, we’d like to give you that opportunity!
NOTE: Please submit sample videos, YouTube channel, or a reel with your application.
This is a great fit for:
Broadcasting New Media students
Digital Film students
Hobbyist video creators
LittleBird is a fast-paced, team-oriented technology startup based in the GCU Innovation Center. If you want to experience the energy of a collaborative, friendly work environment on campus while gaining valuable business experience, LittleBird is for you!
We’re looking for a part-time student videographer to help us with:
Product installation videos
Product overview videos
Talking head videos
Pre-production (script, shot list, etc.)
Video editing (ideally Premiere Pro or DaVinci Resolve)
Color correction and color grading
Video export and publication (YouTube)
Our ideal candidate would have experience with:
Shooting high-quality video with DSLR/Mirrorless cameras
Video editing and color correction/grading
YouTube content creation
Audio production (mic setup, post-production, etc.)
What is LittleBird? We’re a smart community platform including a mobile app, web portal, smart home hardware, and access control system. With LittleBird, residents can use their smartphone to open the gates, access the gym and pool, unlock their door, adjust their thermostat, turn on and off their lights, communicate with neighbors, check out local offers, schedule a service, submit a maintenance request, and more.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Part-time Backend Developer
We're a fast growing, well capitalized startup based in Tempe, AZ. We are inventing the future of a mobile-first economy. Think about surfing the front edge of a wave. It’s really exhilarating. Now think about dog-paddling at the tail end of that wave. It wouldn’t be anywhere near as much fun. Come down here with us and let's change the world.
What You'll Do
• Be a valued member of an agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
• Be a builder and pioneer on the Poppins backend team affecting and driving backend engineering across the company.
• Facilitate collaboration with your peers, product managers, and designers to seek exciting and complicated problems for delivering quality code.
• Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code and take operational responsibility for the components that you develop
Who You Are
• You are passionate about delivering end-to-end experiences and software architecture across the front-end, back-end, and the APIs that glue them together.
• You are experienced with modern backend languages, technologies, coding, testing, debugging, and automation techniques
• You care about backend technologies as well as exploring data through pipelines and charts
• You have experience in backend development and data engineering
• You have relentlessly high standards for you and your peers. You can stand incredibly fast-paced environments
• You like to build and pioneer new products using the newest technology.
- Experience in python3, flask, postgres
- Experience with github
Sales Development Representative
First, who are we?
ZorroSign is modernizing the way the world views document security. We’re made up of a team from all over the world committed to the same idea: nobody should be using 20-year-old technology to sign and send mission critical documents. We deliver our brand promise by fostering a culture of individuals who are not afraid to push against the status quo.
Here is why working with ZorroSign is rewarding.
We are the new kids on the block – and it’s a pretty cool perspective. ZorroSign is continuously looking for exceptional new talent to work with us as we trailblaze blockchain-based document security. However, our mission does not stop there. Working with ZorroSign, you will have the opportunity to innovate and grow; all with a greater purpose in mind. As we help companies go paperless, we give back to the Earth by planting trees along the way.
Get leads by shaking the trees.
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for driving our growth and revenue by generating qualified leads. We are looking for an SDR that is prepared to dive head-first into an accelerating sales operation – gaining valuable experience for a future career in sales. Our ideal candidate has energetic persistence and a no-quit mentality, using an aptitude for communication to build rapport with people. Simply put, we need a go-getter to assist our sales team in taking our company to new heights.
What we need you to do:
• Utilize sales outreach methods to generate qualified sales opportunities, leveraging tools like Phone Burner, Zoho, and LinkedIn to conduct cold calls and emails on a daily basis
• Assist sales team in demonstrating the product and its impact through use cases and fit
• Accompany sales team in discovery and demo calls
• Work collaboratively with sales team to conduct industry research and test sales scripts
What we prefer you have:
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Schedule flexibility
• A team player mentality
• Openness towards learning new methods and tools for success
• Growth-related goals in a sales career
• Ability to work in-person in Phoenix, Arizona
If interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technician for system installation, support and user demos
SignAll is a deep tech startup with a social mission to enable more communication between the Deaf and hearing via technology. We are working together with prestigious Deaf organizations and tech companies, our products are used in the US, and there is even more in our product pipeline.
We are looking for a student with minimum basic IT skills who is not afraid of using a screwdriver to help us install our new equipment used for translation of American Sign Language to English leveraging on the latest AI tech. We need help with the installation of a system on the GCU campus, and then organizing user tests with Deaf individuals and supporting users during testing.
One installation takes a total of 20-24 hours including the initial online training. The installation is supported remotely by our engineers.
The job requires only basic IT skills and some handyman work during the assembly of the camera scaffold. However, if you are a computer science student this can give you some insight into an AI-based deep tech technology and we are open to extending our cooperation beyond installation later.
Any connection to the Deaf community or ASL knowledge is a plus, but not essential.
User tests and additional support expected ~8 hours a week with a flexible schedule.
Please send your application here: email@example.com
Wordpress & Application Developer
• Develop and distribute testing builds for lower environment Quality Assurance (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Responsible for converting requirements to design, develop, and implementation of web application systems using the department development methodologies and agency security guidelines
• Manages own workload by planning/organizing to meet deadlines and accomplishes objectives while maintaining the department quality standards
• Troubleshooting and debugging application code and responding to modification requests
• Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills
• Works directly with other technical resources and business units to translate business requirements into system specifications
• Estimate the time for completion of tasks assigned and update Project management as necessary
• Proactively solves complex problems
• Develops new applications to meet functional and technical designs
• Fixes and develop changes to applications to meet functional and technical designs following best practices and development standards and guidelines
• Supports production systems; analyzes and resolves production problems in a timely manner; resolves end user service requests as assigned
• Completes unit and system test application changes to ensure quality of work
• Engages with business analysts to understand functional requirements, and contributes to completion of functional specifications
• Prepares technical documentation on application specifications
• Creates deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation
- Pursuing a degree in Information Assurance, Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Programming
- Has worked with, and understands Progressive Web Applications (PWA)
- Has worked with, and understands WordPress.